Sunday, April 11, 2021

The journey begins...

 

Two more months to go before I celebrate my 64th birthday. There is much to celebrate this year as I pondered the events of last year. 

I called 2020 "The lost year". Many events had happened during this tumultuous year.

 Firstly the Covid pandemic which caused a worldwide lockdown . Many people and businesses were affected . The stock market sank. Jobs were lost. People died.

The next which made me very sad indeed was my younger brother Kenny who passed away at 56 due to kidney and other organs failures. I wept cause I didn't really spend much time with him and didn't understand the pains he went through. I still feel sad whenever I think of him.

And lastly to top up the eventful year I was hospitalized for the first time in my entire life. It was three days for endoscopy and colonoscopy. Never in my life have I been so embarrassed as nurses came to check every hour or two whether I went to the bathroom as they prepared me for the operation the next morning. The ops was a success and I swear I will stay healthy for my mom, my wife and more importantly I want to enjoy the last leg of my life.

Anyway I have pondered over many things and retirement is definitely one of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Over-Saving for Retirement: Advice From People Who Saved Too Much

Editor's Note: This story originally appeared on  NewRetirement . Are you “saving too much”? Are you “not saving enough”? These question...