Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Why last 25m?











"Why last 25m?" A friend asked.

I consider life is like a 100m race.

The first 25m represents the first 21 years of my life : From childhood, formal educations to serving in the National Service.

The second 25m is from 22 to 36 years old : Getting a job to earn a living, carving a career , dating, making friends, saving for my first HDB apartment.

The third 25m is from 37 to 60 years old : Got married, started my own business, started saving for investments, building up assets.

The last 25m is from 61 to ...... years old : This is where retirement begins. Time to enjoy the fruits of my labor, do the things I enjoy and to fulfill my bucket list. 

I will be sharing many articles on retirement here for all who are in the same boat .






 

Over-Saving for Retirement: Advice From People Who Saved Too Much

Editor's Note: This story originally appeared on  NewRetirement . Are you “saving too much”? Are you “not saving enough”? These question...